Ohana Health offers free pregnancy testing and a consultation with a Registered Nurse (RN). For your appointment, you will meet with a Registered Nurse, who will perform a pregnancy test, provide you with pregnancy test results, and review your medical history. We provide medical grade pregnancy tests that can detect HCG, the hormone that is present soon after conception. If your test result turns out positive, Ohana Health can present you with a confirmation of pregnancy.
Ohana Health offers a free limited ultrasound to women who have had a positive pregnancy test. During your appointment, a limited ultrasound will provide you with the following information:
• Confirm the pregnancy is in the uterus – some pregnancies develop in other places such as the fallopian tube, which is called an ectopic pregnancy. If not discovered, the tube will rupture and the woman would need immediate medical care to prevent infection or even death due to loss of blood.
• Confirm a viable pregnancy – this means that the pregnancy is capable of developing under normal conditions, as some pregnancies end in early miscarriage. Viability is verified by detection of the fetal heartbeat.
• Determine the gestational age – measurements made during the ultrasound will indicate the age of the fetus.
STD/STI TESTING & TREATMENT
(Sexually Transmitted Disease/Sexually Transmitted Infection)
Ohana Health offers free STD/STI testing, as well as a consultation with a Registered Nurse (RN).
For HIV testing, our Registered Nurse will provide you with a simple finger stick test with the results in 20 minutes.
For chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis B, syphilis and herpes, you will be given a urine and/or blood draw, which is then sent to the lab. Results may be provided within a week.
Who should be tested?
• Sexually active people (vaginal, oral, or anal sex) at least once a year
• Anyone who has had a new sex partner within the past 6 months
• Partners of infected people
• Intravenous (IV) drug users
Ohana Health offers a free Breast Exam & Pap Smear, which is completed by a Physician Assistant. The exam includes a consultation with a Physician Assistant, a physical, pap smear, and breast exam. Exams are offered on the second Tuesday of every month.